Introduction of the partner
Campaign for Change- Nepal (CCN) is a non-governmental, non-profitable and non-political social welfare organization. It has been working in peace, democracy, sustainable development; youth exchange program and current socio-economic and political issues. It has been established in 2005. The definition and clear working strategies of every NGOs, private sectors, political parties, business agencies and organizations, institutional organizations and local agencies is of utmost importance. With commitment on all these issues and for peace, harmony and social change, this organization is established by the committed youths. Initially our activities focused for the women, children and youths from deprived section of the society.
Mission: To gather, organize and empower the community and mobilize them for the betterment of the society.
Key activities of the organization:
- Advocate and conduct the awareness program for human rights, democracy and good governance promotion in society.
- Take initiative on social inclusion process of the gender, caste and regionally disadvantaged and deprived groups.
- Carry out awareness, counselling and rehabilitation programs on HIV/AIDS, Drug addiction and trafficking related issues.
- Conduct community focused, especially for women and unemployed youth, income generation and self-employ skill development program for their economic and social sustainability.
- Promote participatory activities in the field of infrastructure such as education, health services, sports, science, technology and alternative energy.
- Conduct the different environment protection and eco-tourism based programs.
- Provide a collective action of help during the time of natural disaster and social conflict.
- Organize Monitoring, advocating and awareness campaign program during the local, National and international election and after the election.
- Provide skill development and income generating training for women and deprived group of the society.
- Help mentally disable children and their parents by providing hand-craft training.
Help in educational activities for mentally disable children and landless children in different school and communities.
- Promote Information collaborations and Constructive communication between NGOs, to develop effective partnership with each other.
- Capacity building program in the field of youth.
CCN is involving various ERASMUS+ Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices Capacity Building In the field of youth. Previously we have partnered as a hosting and sending organization in the implementation of the following projects;
- National Civil Service (NCS)
- Tools for Equal Sustainable Development (TESD)
- Moving People in Volunteering (MPV)
- Global Impact (GI)
- French Civil Service (FCS)
Presentation of the country / region
Nepal is a landlocked country in South Asia and is bordered by China and India. It is located in the Himalayas and contains eight of the world’s ten highest peaks. The government system is a federal democratic republic; the chief of state is the president, and the head of government is the prime minister. Nepal has a traditional economic system in which the majority of the population engages in subsistence agriculture, and the allocation of available resources is made on the basis of primitive methods. Nepal is a member country of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
Our organization Campaign for Change Nepal (CCN) is registred at Kathmandu district, province No 3 of Nepal. It is one of the 77 districts of Nepal, covers an area of 395 km and is the most densely populated district of Nepal. The district headquarter is Kathmandu Metropolitan city, also the capital of Nepal. It is also a famous tourist spot as there are many religious temples and attracting places. CCN is registered in Kathmandu district but it is working in different district and community of the country in the local level.