Introduction of the partner
ACDS (Association for Community Development & Solidarity) is registered under the Society Act.XXI OF 1860 Government of India. ACDS is established to promote social, economic and political development opportunities for isolated communities in Odisha, India. ACDS is a secular, non-profit making organization initiated with the objective of enabling marginalized people to become empowered to take control of their lives, resources and democratic institutions; through people’s organizations, training & capacity-building and networking.
A society with a just social order, where each individual achieves their basic rights – food, clothing, shelter, health and education, where values and attitudes of each individual are respected, human rights and individual dignity is maintained.
To facilitate the process of empowerment of the people and enabling them to take control of their lives, resources and democratic institutions.
To motive and promote, to generate adequate and effective manpower and work culture by promoting/ facilitating/ executing /assisting and supporting for development of human resource programme /projects that suitably fulfil the immediate and long-term requirements of the people by their direct involvement and participation in different activities.
Association is established with seven executive body members such as : President, Secretary, Treasurer and four members.
OUR SPECIFIC PRIORITIES
- People’s control over resources like land, water, forest, commons and livelihoods.
- Radical democratization of the society, economy and polity at all levels
- Assertion of women and girls’ rights as human rights
- Children are recognized as political and equal citizens
- A Socially just, secular, violence free and peaceful society and state
- Solidarity with struggles and progressive actions beyond local boundaries
WE WORK WITH: Association has the legal permission to work in every region in India. At the moment we have been working rural area with 5000 Peaople in 35 villages in Sundargarh District of Odisha.
Youth for social development:
- ACDS Belief that Youth are key stakeholders of family and in the community structure. They need safe space and proper guidance to enhance their skills for personal and social development.
- Providing safe spaces for young people to meet and to ensure the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of the growing adolescents in the family, school, and community and nurture their talents in various areas like art, literature, music, sports and games, etc. Promoting cultural activity among youth and helping them to become responsible adults who care for their families and the society.
Presentation of the country / region
Association of Community Development & Solidarity-ACDS, Sundargarh, Odisha, India.
Our organisation located in Sundargarh, Odisha in eastern India, it is surrounded by the states of West Bengal to the north-east, Jharkhand to the north, Chhattisgarhto the west and north-west, and Andhra Pradesh to the south. Odisha has 485 kilometres of coastline along the Bay of Bengal on its east, from Balasore to Ganjam. It is the 9th largest state by area, and the 11th largest by population. It is also the 3rd most populous state of India in terms of tribal population. Odia is the official and most widely spoken language, spoken by 36.6 million according to the 2016 Census.